SHAQ & Feeding America
As part of our mission to help raise food insecurity awareness,
SHAQ helped donate 1.5 million meals* to Feeding America.
This year, up to 50 million*** Americans may struggle with hunger. We’re all in this together. Learn more ways you can help Feeding America.
What does food insecurity look like?
- A lack of consistent access to enough food to live an active, healthy life.**
- Not knowing when or where you will eat your next meal.
- Having to make impossible decisions like choosing between buying food or paying for medicine.
How can I help Feeding America fight to end hunger and food insecurity?
- There’s so much you can do— even if you don’t have a lot of time.
- Visit Feeding America to learn ways you can help like giving a donation or volunteering at your local food bank.
* $1 helps provide at least 10 meals secured by Feeding America on behalf of local member food banks.
** US Department of Agriculture, (2019). Definitions of Food Security.
Available online at: https://www.ers.usda.gov/topics/food-nutrition-assistance/food-security-in-the-us/definitions-of-food-security.aspx
*** Source-Feeding America as of 2/2021.